Today, I want to answer an important question for any leader considering outsourcing recruiting.
“How do I get a good headhunter for my business? ” Here is my answer and hope you can implement successfully.
The Best Headhunter for Your Business has the Following:
1. Desire to understand you and your company’s specific needs
2. Manpower to focus on your needs
3. Responsiveness to your communications via email or phone
4. Speed in finding good candidates
5. Ability to understand and find the right candidates to save you time
6. Only send you vetted candidates, so every recommended candidate from them is a potential hire
7 Ability to find vetted candidates that others do not
8. Ability to know more about each candidate
9. Willingness to build relationships with your company
10. Focus to develop relationships with candidates and not treat them as numbers
11. They are transparent with information they know about candidates
12. They work professionally
13. They take initiative to get the placement done
14. Have a good hit rate on homerun placements
The Best Way to Use Headhunters
1. Focus on one and have another as a spare just in case.
This is because it is too much effort to deeply inform multiple head hunters. Only head hunters who know deeply will be able to save you time in the process like point 6 above. All good head hunters can access almost all the same candidates. When head hunters have lots of competing firms, they dump as many unvetted resumes on you as they can as the first is the winner. This weighs you down and gives you no value.
2. Be open with that one as they serve you much better if they have all the information.
3. Seek partnership with a company who wants to focus on serving you well. They will develop more connections useful to finding you candidates as they are focused on you and your success. This improves what you get on point 7 above. They have confidence to invest more if you are committed.